Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Gionata Gelati <ge...@sparc20.ing.unimo.it> on 2002/08/05 18:06:04 UTC

Unpublished Web service

Hi,
  today the following occured to me. While trying to publish a web service using
the WSDD technique, I succeeded in publishin the web service, but as I checked
the page where Tomcat lists the published services I could only find the name of
my poor service but no methods. Obvioulsy, such web service in not reachable
from my client. Why this?
  Trying with an old example(the web service that add to integers) prepared by a
friend of mine some time ago, I could effectively deploy it (methods included).
Any ideas?
  jonathan

Re: Unpublished Web service

Posted by Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>.
On Tuesday 06 August 2002 10:34, Gionata Gelati wrote:
> I have tried both with allowedMethods and methodName but no success. My
> methods are declared public. The thing is that the example taken from a
> friend of mine works. If a only change the name of a variable it does not
> work. Any further suggestion? By the way I am using beta3.

How does the WSDL file look like? Get it at:
http://YOURHOST:8080/axis/services/YOURSERVICE?wsdl

Is your class file in the class path of the webapp? (put into WEB-INF/lib or
WEB-INF/classes)?

Best regards!
--
Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
PGP FP 7862 32B3 3B75 292A F76F  5042 8587 21AB 5B89 D501

Re: Unpublished Web service

Posted by Gionata Gelati <ge...@sparc20.ing.unimo.it>.
I have tried both with allowedMethods and methodName but no success. My
methods are declared public. The thing is that the example taken from a
friend of mine works. If a only change the name of a variable it does not
work. Any further suggestion? By the way I am using beta3.
Bye

Re: Unpublished Web service

Posted by Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>.