Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 10:34:44 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] - Early Camel 2.7 release

Hi

I think we should start getting the last issues resolved this week so
we can start the release next week.

There issue ticker roadmap don't have any bugs and the pending tickets
can be post poned to 2.8.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC

The only issue is Spring WebService not being OSGi compliant in 2.0.0
release. The spring guys haven't reacted and redone any release.
So it may take a while before they bother do a 2.0.1 release which
works in OSGi.
So I propose to add this as a known issue. Hopefully by the Camel 2.8
release time, there is a new spring WS release which works with OSGi.

Can you take a look at the issue assigned to your
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC

And either postpone to 2.8 or try to implement and fix it this week.

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Re: [DISCUSS] - Early Camel 2.7 release

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
I'm working on CAMEL-3476 and will resolve it this week. I'm already done
with the SnsProducer and working on the SnsConsumer...

Christian

Re: [DISCUSS] - Early Camel 2.7 release

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I am running full builds with mvn 3.0.2 now (all well so far) and will run later with maven 2.2.1 which is the prerequisite min version.

Cheers,
Hadrian

Re: AW: [DISCUSS] - Early Camel 2.7 release

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It looks like the http://camel.apache.org/book-in-one-page.html still in
version of 2.5.0-SNAPSHOT.

Hadrian, do we still publish the camel web site manually ?

Willem

On 3/9/11 10:32 AM, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:
> I had to interrupt the release prepare because the pdf manual was again not generated.
> After the fix for CAMEL-3770 the error is now:
>
> [INFO] [INFO] Downloading: http://camel.apache.org/book-in-one-page.html
> [INFO] ERROR:  'NOT_FOUND_ERR: An attempt is made to reference a node in a context where it does not exist.'
> [INFO] [ERROR] Download or validation of 'http://camel.apache.org/book-in-one-page.html' failed: org.apache.camel.CamelException: Failed to convert the HTML to tidy Markup
>
> It's getting really late now and will have to look into it in the morning and restart the build. Running it normally via mvn install does work, both downloading the html and generating the pdf manual, it only failed part of release:prepare.
>
> Hadrian
>

> On Mar 8, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Claus Ibsen wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have ironed out the last minute issues
>> - camel-servlet feature not validating using the karaf validate plugin
>> - fixed guice example not being dependent on old spring 2.5
>> - fixed unit test failing occasionally on windows in camel-sip
>>
>> I have trashed my maven 2 repo and ran a
>> mvn clean install -Dtest=false
>>
>> To have maven download the internet and see if all deps could be resolved.
>> It ran fine.
>>
>> davsclaus:~/.m2/repository$ du -hd 0
>> 490M    .
>>
>> So we use 490 MB for Camel :) Well many of the maven plugins uses a
>> lot of deps and some of those deps are various old versions which
>> isn't aligned between the bundles. But with Maven we should just be
>> grateful it works (most of the times)
>>
>> Over last night I gave the trunk a test on WindowsXP on my vmimage and
>> all tests completed.
>> Even all the OSGi tests when I fixed that camel-servlet issue.
>>
>> So I think we are good for cutting the release.
>>
>> PS: The camel servlet wiki document needs to be updated. Which I will do now.
>>

>> --
>> Claus Ibsen
>> -----------------
>> FuseSource
>> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
>> Web: http://fusesource.com
>> Twitter: davsclaus
>> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
          http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang

Re: AW: [DISCUSS] - Early Camel 2.7 release

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
I have to apply one more patch for the rat plugin and restart the builds in the morning. Please don't commit major patches until the 2.7.0 release gets voted, unless of course it's an important fix.

Thanks
Hadrian

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <cs...@talend.com>.

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for looking at Hudson. Looks like the last round of tests hung for 6 hours, but the one before was good. More consistency would be great.

I am skiing with my family this week and my net access is spotty. I will be back Thu and I can start the 2.7.0 release builds.

Thanks,
Hadrian

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think we should start getting the last issues resolved this week so
> we can start the release next week.
>
> There issue ticker roadmap don't have any bugs and the pending tickets
> can be post poned to 2.8.
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC
>
> The only issue is Spring WebService not being OSGi compliant in 2.0.0
> release. The spring guys haven't reacted and redone any release.
> So it may take a while before they bother do a 2.0.1 release which
> works in OSGi.
> So I propose to add this as a known issue. Hopefully by the Camel 2.8
> release time, there is a new spring WS release which works with OSGi.
>
> Can you take a look at the issue assigned to your
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC
>
> And either postpone to 2.8 or try to implement and fix it this week.

Sorry the working link is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+CAMEL+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%222.7.0%22+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+ORDER+BY+due+ASC,+priority+DESC,+created+ASC

Posted by Christian Schneider <cs...@talend.com>.
I will care for https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-3549

Christian

Can you take a look at the issue assigned to your https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?sorter/field=updated&sorter/order=DESC