Posted to students@community.apache.org by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/06 21:40:41 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] ASF-ICFOSS Mentoring Programme Accepted Students

We are very excited to announce the list of students that have been
accepted for the joint ASF-ICFOSS Mentoring Programme.

Proposal Title : Enhance Tuscany Widget Support (Apache Tuscany)
Student : Akhil Anil Karun
Mentor : Luciano Resende
-
Project title: Enhancements to the nearby people application (Apache Wookie)
Student: Nithish R
Mentor : Ross Gardler
-
Proposal Title: Implementation of ocr/Tika text inputs (Apache cTAKES)
Student: Sandeep RG
Mentor name:Pei Chen
-
Project Title : Make Luke a Lucene/Solr Module (Apache Lucene)
Student : Ajay Bhat
Mentor : Mark Miller
-
Proposal Title : Live Syntax Highlighting for Apache Bloodhound Wiki
(Apache Bloodhound)
Student : Anoop Nayak
Mentor : Joe Dreimann, Branko Čibej(Brane)
-
Project Title : Test Document Generator/Permutator (Apache OpenOffice)
Student : Sony Cyriac
Mentor name : Rob Weir
-
Project Title: Automated release process documentation (Apache CouchDB)
Student : Yashin Mehaboobe
Mentors: Dave Cottlehuber, Dirkjan Ochtman

Congratulations. And if you haven't done so, let's start hacking some code
!!!

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [ANNOUNCE] ASF-ICFOSS Mentoring Programme Accepted Students

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
The next steps is basically working with your mentors and the project
development community to implement the project proposal. I saw some that
have already started the coding phase even before the results were
available (cudos to those), for those that haven't done so, please contact
your mentor and start implementing your proposal asap.

Again, Congratulations, and let me know if there are any other questions.

Posted by Nithish R <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,