Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rahul <ra...@clear.net.nz> on 2005/07/14 02:49:57 UTC

[m1] message/param passing between user defined goals

Greetings,

I have a question regarding passing messages among user defined goals.

I am factoring a (big)goal in maven.xml script into more manageable
smaller goals that handle specific bits. However, I notice smaller goals
will need to pass messages among themselves. So, my Qs are :

a) Is there a way to pass messages to a goal (or define something like
global vars in a script)?
b) Also, can I pass an argument from command line to a goal and trap it
within the goal/maven script ?

Appreciate all help I can get here!

Cheers,

Rahul