Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by saikrishna venkata pendyala <pv...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/06 15:59:40 UTC

Reg : lucene RemoteSearchable Object

Hi all,

I am currently developing a distributed search engine using Lucene.

I am able to search the multiple machines quite successfully. Each machine
using MultiSearcher to search the local indexes and  I  am creating
RemoteSearchable object with it.

The master machines searches these RemoteSearchable using
ParallelMultiSearchable.

Every thing is going fine except that, master is not able to keep track of
*dynamic* remote index.

These is what I did,

1. Made a index remotely available.
2. Searching the remote index continuously(with a loop) -- worked  fine
3. deleted the index from disk which was made remotly available.
4. Surprisingly, search is still working :(( (loop in step 2 continues)

With few other experiments I had to come to an conclusion that somewhere in
step 1 or step 2 index is being cached .

I am right ??

how can I slove this problem ?

regards,
Sai Krishna.

Re: Reg : lucene RemoteSearchable Object

Posted by saikrishna venkata pendyala <pv...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I didn't reopen the index.
It's working fine now :)

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.