Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Guerrero <gu...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/27 22:47:01 UTC

Problem upgrading from 5.5.1 to 5.6.0

After hitting a problem with a network of brokers (see this
thread<http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Wildcards-may-block-a-prefix-in-a-network-of-brokers-tp4654420.html>),
I discovered the 5.6.0 release of ActiveMQ.  With the new release, I cannot
seem to connect more than a single client to a server application.  I keep
getting the InvalidClientIDException (with clientId ==
"NC_localhost_outbound") in RegionBroker.addConnection(ConnectionContext,
ConnectionInfo).  Extremely confused, I backed out to 5.5.1 and stepped
through in debug, only to see that the previous context is removed rather
than throwing an exception.

I think I found the revision in branches/activemq-5.5 where the logic to
remove a previous context was added:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/activemq/branches/activemq-5.5/activemq-core/src/main/java/org/apache/activemq/broker/region/RegionBroker.java?r1=632455&r2=633800&diff_format=h

I cannot, however, find anything like that in the 5.6 branch or on trunk.
 I don't know if I'm going down the wrong rabbit hole or what. Is there
anything special that needs to be configured in 5.6 in order connect more
than one remote broker?

Re: Problem upgrading from 5.5.1 to 5.6.0

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
A bean of type Connection, from the master is what I was looking for.
There should be a clientId attribute, I want to understand how that is
unique.

To specify unique values in conf per installation, system
properties/env vars are the way to go and reference them in the xml
config using ${..}

see: http://static.springsource.org/spring/docs/1.1.5/api/org/springframework/beans/factory/config/PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.html#setSystemPropertiesModeName(java.lang.String)

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Problem upgrading from 5.5.1 to 5.6.0

Posted by "Martin C." <ma...@gmx.at>.
Hi Gary,

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin,

--
http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com

Re: Problem upgrading from 5.5.1 to 5.6.0

Posted by "Martin C." <ma...@gmx.at>.
Hi Gary,

Posted by Guerrero <gu...@gmail.com>.
gtully wrote

> the combination of networkConnector *name* attribute and brokerName of
> a network needs to be unique.
>
> Use a different name for each configured networkConnector element on a
> given broker.

Calling setName or setBrokerName with a unique string on the
NetworkConnector appears to work for me. Since my brokers have unique names
I figured this would also be applied to the NetworkConnector returned by
BrokerService.addNetworkConnector.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Problem upgrading from 5.5.1 to 5.6.0

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
the combination of networkConnector *name* attribute and brokerName of
a network needs to be unique.

Use a different name for each configured networkConnector element on a
given broker.

In 5.5.1, a reconnect (where the existing network connector is still
visible) and a second networkConnector from the same broker were
treated as the same thing in error.

http://fusesource.com
http://blog.garytully.com