Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Anil Kumar <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/22 05:33:43 UTC

JMeter Query on Threads

Hi

Is there a way to add thread group with in a thread group ?

I have a scenario where a thread needs to run multiple threads, say kind of
forking..

regards
Anil

JMeter Query on Threads

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com>.
Hello,

Maybe you should reconsider what you are trying to do.
It looks from my understanding like a workaround to try to simulate more
threads than licenses you have. If it's the case, approach is wrong.

If aim is different, you may want to look at:
- https://jmeter-plugins.org/wiki/InterThreadCommunication/

Regards
Philippe M.
https://leanpub.com/master-jmeter-from-load-test-to-devops

<https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/50.69454/3.16455>

--

[image: logo Ubik Ingenierie] <https://www.ubik-ingenierie.com> Philippe
Mouawad

Re: JMeter Query on Threads

Re: JMeter Query on Threads

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
there is no way to nest thread groups(that I know off) but you can use
sequential thread groups and exchange data between them (using usual
mechanisms of anything shared like a file or db or service or queue)
Thread Group 1 (n threads)
+ Do something
+ Save it somewhere
Thread Group 2 (m threads)
+Read it from somewhere
+Do something else

You can do the same thing in a single thread group by writing more code
Thread group (max number of threads needed)
+If thread number satisifies custom condition
++ Do something
++ Save it in some form
+Synchronizing controller (all threads)
++ read and do something