Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Amit A <in...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/20 04:20:24 UTC

Re: OCSP with TOMCAT 7

I need to enable OCSP on my application which is running Tomcat 7.0.29.
Looked up the documentation but did not find quite much :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

1. Is OCSP with just tomcat actually possible? Do we need a external
module/software?
2. Has anyone implemented/Configured OCSP with Tomcat? I am looking for the
nitty gritties here.

RE: OCSP with TOMCAT 7

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
so you want Tomcat7 to act as an OCSP Responder?

download and install ocsp daemon ..this is not trivial as you will need to be able to communicate to a working LDAP server
http://www.openca.org/projects/ocspd/

configure your servlet to serve its requests to ocsp-daemon calls..
configure the servlet to serve the response with the results from the ocsp-daemon

Please explain why you want to FE the ocspd request instead of calling the daemon directly?

Martin

Re: OCSP with TOMCAT 7

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.

Re: OCSP with TOMCAT 7