Posted to dev@hudi.apache.org by lamberken <la...@163.com> on 2020/02/22 13:53:33 UTC

[DISCUSS] How to correct the license header of entrypoint.sh script

Hi all,

During the voting process on rc1 0.5.1-incubating release, Justin pointed out
docker/hoodie/hadoop/base/entrypoint.sh has an incorrect license header,
But, many script files used the same license header like "entrypoint.sh" has.

From apache license guide[2], it says "The text should be enclosed in the appropriate comment syntax for the file format."
So, need to remove the repeated "#", like following changes?

#  Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
#  or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
#  distributed with this work for additional information
#  regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
#  to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
#  "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
#  with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
#
#      http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
#
#  Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
#  distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
#  WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
#  See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
# limitations under the License.

#
[...]

Any thought are welcome, thanks.

Thanks,
Lamber-Ken

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rd3f4a72d82a4a5a81b2c6bd71e1417054daa38637ce8e07901f26f04%40%3Cgeneral.incubator.apache.org%3E
[2] https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] How to correct the license header of entrypoint.sh script

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Thank you!

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Vinoth Chandar <vi...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by lamberken <la...@163.com>.

Right, will do.

Posted by "vbalaji@apache.org" <vb...@apache.org>.

Posted by lamberken <la...@163.com>.

Thanks Suneel Marthi,

Right, will fix all the script files which is consistent with apache license guide.

Thanks,
Lamber-Ken

Posted by Suneel Marthi <sm...@apache.org>.