Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/23 18:08:32 UTC

[Trinidad] tabIndex support?

I don't see any support for tabIndex on trinidad components like
tr:inputText. Is there another way of handling tab order in trinidad
components or is it a shortcoming?

-Andrew

Re: [Trinidad] tabIndex support?

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
It's http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-100.

I guess it's mostly not there because of some of the
huuuge shortcomings of this HTML API, especially when
it comes to big composite components like table;  if
you set a tabindex on the table, it has to affect
the tab order of the whole component, not just one
select HTML element.

So it's not just as simple as slapping a tabindex attribute
on some element, which is why it's never been tackled.

That said, tabindex="0" and tabindex="-1" are really
handy.

-- Adam