Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by steven shingler <st...@hiredminds.com> on 2002/05/04 21:00:55 UTC

Getting tomcat to serve off port 80 on my own servlets

Hello - wondered if someone had a minute to help me with this

Am following a tutorial on the apple site:
http://developer.apple.com/internet/macosx/tomcat1.html

It mentions about serving off port 80 as well as 8080 - and indeed I can get
the tomcat examples to do this - but my own web-app - called 'mine' only
serves off 8080

I can't seem to find a difference in the conf/server.xml or
mine/WEB-INF/web.xml

The error message in
Apache_log
States:
 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector] Error accepting requests

Any pointers very gratefully received
Many Thanks
Steven Shingler

RE: Getting tomcat to serve off port 80 on my own servlets

Posted by Abraham Fathman <af...@one.net>.
Steven,

I might have misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to use apache+mod_webapp on port 80 to connect to tomcat
as well as run tomcat as a standalone on port 8080? If so, I believe the
default server.xml will do this for you. Just configure apache to use
port 80.

Sorry for the confusion.

Abe

Posted by steven shingler <st...@hiredminds.com>.
Hi Abraham
Thanks for replying
Is that the Connector directive inside the Tomcat-Standalone Service, or the
Tomcat-Apache one??
I tried setting the port=80 inside the standalone connector - but that then
ceased to work on either port!
This is the error I get on the web page:

WebApp: Error 500
(File: pr_warp.c Line: 271)
Cannot open connection warpConnection

Here's what I have for the tomcat-apache:

<Service name="Tomcat-Apache">

    <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
     enableLookups="true"
     acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

    <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to
-->