Posted to users@camel.apache.org by ssiegl <st...@iwes.fraunhofer.de> on 2013/12/04 08:07:06 UTC

Invoking bean method with Class

Hello,

ich habe a bean method like this

void operation(String id, Class<T> type)

Is it possible - without a processor - to call this method with Camel:

to("bean:myBean?method=operation('abc',MyGenericClass)")

In the class MethodInfo i found this comment:

// it may be a parameter type instead, and if so, then we should return
null,
/ as this method is only for evaluating parameter values

br Stefan

Re: Invoking bean method with Class

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
No you cannot do that with the bean component.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 8:07 AM, ssiegl <st...@iwes.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> ich habe a bean method like this
>
> void operation(String id, Class<T> type)
>
> Is it possible - without a processor - to call this method with Camel:
>
> to("bean:myBean?method=operation('abc',MyGenericClass)")
>

> In the class MethodInfo i found this comment:
>
> // it may be a parameter type instead, and if so, then we should return
> null,
> / as this method is only for evaluating parameter values
>
> br Stefan

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com