Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Markus von RĂ¼den <mv...@opennms.com> on 2014/06/27 12:35:25 UTC

Cloudfiles order problem when using multipart and having more than 9 parts

Hey there,

I have an issue with the jclouds-cloudfiles-us API.

Here is the scenario:

 * I have a file randomly created
 * the file has a total file size of 809 bytes
 * the file name is 'file.txt'
 * I now upload that file to rackspace cloudfiles-us (Region: Chicago)
 * it is a multipart upload with a chunk size of 80 bytes

In the container at cloudfiles I get the following objects:

 * file.txt (the manifest, size: 0 byte)
 * file.txt/1 (80 bytes)
 * file.txt/10 (80 bytes)
 * file.txt/11 (9 bytes)
 * file.txt/2 (80 bytes)
 * file.txt/3 (80 bytes)
 * ...
 * file.txt/9 (80 bytes)

As you already can see, the object names are ordered by name and
therefore by chars and do not consider the part numbers as numeric values.

If I download the uploaded file (manually from the ui or programatically
with jclouds) the download order is:

 * file.txt/1
 * file.txt/10
 * file.txt/11
 * file.txt/2
 * ...
 * file.txt/9

and therefore my initial file does not match with the
uploaded/downloaded file.

Is this a known problem?
Is this a jclouds, rackspace, openstack issue?

Do you have any ideas how to solve this?

If this is a bug, to whom do I need to speak to get started?

Kind regards
Markus