Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ar...@za.safmarine.com on 2003/10/10 08:30:33 UTC

/ /OREF:CPTEF880 Best practice for Action event handling. Need more fine grained class

Hi All,

What is the best way to handle action events (e.g. form submissions)
when building Jetspeed portlets?
I'm not sure if I'm doing it the best way at the moment.

Currently, I post my form data to action class defined in my portlet
entry description.
I have several form buttons, each with its own
"evetSubmit_do[Action]" which points to its corresponding method in
my Action class.

So what's happening is that more events I wish to employ, the more
methods in my Action class  I will have. (Action class: extent of
VelocityPortletAction)
This just becomes way to clattered. (To much spaghetti code ;) )
Is there a way to dispatch events to some event handling class that
will invoke necessary commands?
I'm really looking to make my Controller (Action class) delegate the
events to an event handler outside of the class itself. This will
result in more cleaner, fine grained, code.

Anyone with ideas suggestions, experiences, please feel free to
comment. (Guru suggestions, criticism, etc. would be good too ;-))

Regards,
--Alen