Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu> on 2007/03/15 22:26:42 UTC

Website logo

Should we replace the Apache Incubator logo on our website with the UIMA logo?

-Adam

Re: Website logo

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 3/27/07, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
> I updated the website with the UIMA project logo on the right top corner.

Thanks for figuring out how to do that, Michael.

Should the website have the full banner (as you've done) or just the
logo (the four colored boxes)?  I was thinking it would just be the
logo, but I'm not sure what would look best.  Other opinions?

-Adam

Re: Website logo

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> Should we replace the Apache Incubator logo on our website with the
> UIMA logo?
>
> -Adam

I updated the website with the UIMA project logo on the right top corner.

-- Michael

Re: Website logo

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Adam Lally wrote:
> Should we replace the Apache Incubator logo on our website with the
> UIMA logo?
>
> -Adam

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html says

Podlings websites SHOULD contain the Apache Incubator Project logo as
sign of affiliation.

Note that this logo is also a link to the incubator main website.

So I think we should keep it, but am +1 for adding the UIMA logo.

-Marshall

Re: Website logo

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On 3/16/07, Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> wrote:
=> I think we should additionally add the UIMA logo to our website. What
> about having one on the left and the other on the right side of the page.
> When checking some other Apache Incubator projects, most of them still
> have the Apache Incubator logo.

You're right.  The few that I looked at had their own logo on the
left, but I didn't notice that they also had the incubator logo on the
right.  Although at least one (Graffito) has it the other way around.

-Adam

Re: Website logo

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.