Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2007/05/10 16:01:17 UTC

3.2.0 is apparently an "UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE" on search.cpan.org

Hi folks.  Matt Sergeant pointed me at
http://search.cpan.org/~jmason/Mail-SpamAssassin-3.2.0/ , which notes that
the recently-released Mail::SpamAssassin 3.2.0 is apparently an "**
UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE **" according to current search.cpan.org.

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.module-authors/2007/05/msg5453.html
seems to indicate that this is probably because 'some of our namespaces
were overwritten without permission'.

This is probably due to the scenario where one of our co-maintainers made
a release including some Mail::SpamAssassin::SubModuleA , then forgot to
set all the other co-maintainers as such under "change permissions" in
PAUSE.  This has been *very* common recently, since we have about
80 sub-modules under Mail::SpamAssassin:: , and every release
creates another 3 or 4 new modules!

Is there an easy way to fix this?

--j.