Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2005/10/23 10:07:53 UTC

Re: svn commit: r327750 - /forrest/zone/test-sources/apache-projects/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml

crossley@apache.org wrote:
> Author: crossley
> Date: Sat Oct 22 22:10:09 2005
> New Revision: 327750

> Log:
> The side-panel auto navigation is not working
> so add a temporary list to the index page.
> Perhaps this front list should be a generated table.

It works when using "forrest site" or "forrest run". However, it seems
that Cocoons cache is getting in the way on "forrest run" since changes
to the locationmap are only shown if forrest is rerun.

I guess something similar is happening with the forrestbot.

I have a (very nearly complete) page based index on my local machine.
I'll upload later today.

Ross

Re: svn commit: r327750 - /forrest/zone/test-sources/apache-projects/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>David Crossley wrote:

>>>I see that the docs get generated with "forrest site"
>>>projectDetails.spamassassin.html
>>>etc.
>>>
>>>However, the left-hand panel only has two entries
>>>under the "Projects => All", expected six.
>>
>>I suspect you are using the old version of the projectInfo plugin. Do
>>"ant local-deploy"
>

> Then doesn't it need to be deployed to the website so that
> forrestbot can use it. Remember that forrest-trunk gets a
> 'build clean' every hour, so the plugin will get re-installed.

Yes, but there is a problem with the deploy at present since the docs
aren't building. I'm in the process of fixing it, but I'm on Sunday
afternoon work rate ;-)

>>Having said that, I've changed the apache-projects site because the
>>problem you describe does exist when building with forrestbot. You can
>>see the intended behaviour if you do forrest site or forrest run on the
>>project info docs.
>

> With the current forrestbot-built site, we cannot see any
> project descriptions anymore.

Hmmmm...

That must be something to do with the extra CSS. The text is there, but
it is in white. This works on forrest run, so I'm not sure why this is
happening (yet).

Ross

Re: svn commit: r327750 - /forrest/zone/test-sources/apache-projects/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> David Crossley wrote:

> >>It works when using "forrest site" or "forrest run". However, it seems
> >>that Cocoons cache is getting in the way on "forrest run" since changes
> >>to the locationmap are only shown if forrest is rerun.
> >

> >I see that the docs get generated with "forrest site"
> >projectDetails.spamassassin.html
> >etc.
> >
> >However, the left-hand panel only has two entries
> >under the "Projects => All", expected six.
>
> I suspect you are using the old version of the projectInfo plugin. Do
> "ant local-deploy"

Then doesn't it need to be deployed to the website so that
forrestbot can use it. Remember that forrest-trunk gets a
'build clean' every hour, so the plugin will get re-installed.

> Having said that, I've changed the apache-projects site because the
> problem you describe does exist when building with forrestbot. You can
> see the intended behaviour if you do forrest site or forrest run on the
> project info docs.

With the current forrestbot-built site, we cannot see any
project descriptions anymore.

-David

Re: svn commit: r327750 - /forrest/zone/test-sources/apache-projects/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.