Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2005/09/15 19:04:56 UTC

[axis2] build time observation

Wow, it now appears to take almost as long to run the Axis2 build as it
does for the Axis1 one...

--G

Re: [axis2] build time observation

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Ohh,  is it something do with the build tool ? I love maven compared to
ant due to maven plugins. (No offense to ant !!)

I think Axis2 test cases, most them being in the core and integration
takes most of the time. Especially integration tests start a server and
closes one for each and every test method, which we can not avoid.

But at the same time, I agree with Glen that, build takes a longer time.
For me to do a small change and to test it, it takes a hell over lot of
time. what to do .... :-)

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Davanum Srinivas : http://wso2.com/ - Oxygenating The Web Service Platform

Re: [axis2] build time observation

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.
Glen Daniels wrote:

> Wow, it now appears to take almost as long to run the Axis2 build as
> it does for the Axis1 one...
>
> --G

Try maven 1.1-beta-2 and add the following property to project.properties:

maven.junit.forkmode=once

I haven't tried it on axis 2, but in my other projects it makes maven
run about as fast as ant.

- Dan