Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2000/04/10 21:01:50 UTC

Re: Normalize method not found (Cocoon 1.7.2) [Windows .zip misses xml.jar]

> Yann wrote:
>
> I found what it was!
>
> I run on Windows NT and before I installed Cocoon 1.7.2 I uninstalled
> Cocoon 1.7.
>
> After installing Cocoon 1.7.2 I noticed there wasn't any xml.jar
> library in the lib directory anymore. Since I am not too familiar with
> the XML parsers used in Cocoon I thought that things had been
> reorganised.
>
> It appears that the .zip file for Windows doesn't contain the xml.jar
> file.
>
> Is this something that you guys at Cocoon are aware of?

yes. You don't need xml.jar anymore.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: Normalize method not found (Cocoon 1.7.2) [Windows .zip misses xml.jar]

Posted by Yann <yl...@ims.ltd.uk>.
> yes. You don't need xml.jar anymore.

Well I had to reput it in cocoon\lib so that things worked. I don't
understand why because I have no other xml parsers in my classpath so it
can't be that the wrong implementation is chosen (my CLASSPATH is always
empty). I do understand why this file is not needed in Cocoon 1.7.2 though.

Yann.