Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz> on 2008/11/24 21:14:56 UTC

Generating metrics

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate font metrics in order to import them in a
project. Generating start well, but then I've got some errors. I'm
running debian and javai version is 1.6.0_07

Here is the line I type to launch the metric generation :
java -cp fop.jar:avalon-framework.jar:commons-logging.jar:commons-io.jar
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader FreeMono.ttf -d DEBUG

Then the debug tells me :

TTF Reader for Apache FOP 0.95

Parsing font...
Reading FreeMono.ttf...
sfnt version: OpenType 1.0
Reading 18 dir tables
dir tables: [loca, post, FFTM, glyf, fpgm, hmtx, GPOS, hhea, prep, GSUB,
GDEF, cvt , gasp, name, OS/2, cmap, head, maxp]
unit per em: 1000
Number of glyphs in font: 2709
hhea.Ascender: 900 900
hhea.Descender: -300 -300
Number of horizontal metrics: 4
org/apache/xmlgraphics/fonts/Glyphs
	at org.apache.fop.fonts.truetype.TTFFile.initAnsiWidths(TTFFile.java:444)
	at org.apache.fop.fonts.truetype.TTFFile.readFont(TTFFile.java:493)
	at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.loadTTF(TTFReader.java:209)
	at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main(TTFReader.java:164)
org.apache.xmlgraphics.fonts.Glyphs
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
	... 4 more

I've been trying with other fonts, but got the same error.
Thank you for your time and help !

--
- Erwan -

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.biz>.
Succedeed with the trunk version (downloaded, "anted" and used the same
command line). Hope that will  help someone one day !

- Erwan -

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.fr>.

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Magdikova <ko...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, it works but i get an another error message:
Unsupported TrueType font: Unicode cmap table not present. Aborting
and metrics file do not generated

Parsing font...
Reading C:\windows\fonts\Barcode128C.TTf...
sfnt version: OpenType 1.0
Reading 14 dir tables
dir tables: [PCLT, loca, post, glyf, fpgm, hmtx, hhea, prep, cvt , OS/2,
cmap, n
ame, head, maxp]
unit per em: 1000
Number of glyphs in font: 132
hhea.Ascender: 1498 1498
hhea.Descender: -364 -364
Number of horizontal metrics: 132
PostScript format: 0x20000
PostScript format 2
Reading 2 glyphnames, that are not in the standard Macintosh set. Total
number o
f glyphs=132
sTypoAscender: 1498 1498
sTypoDescender: -364 -364
sTypoLineGap: 97
usWinAscent: 1498 1498
usWinDescent: 364 364
sxHeight: 0
sCapHeight: 500
Font box height: 1862
Ascender and descender together are larger than the em box. This could lead
to a
 wrong baseline placement in Apache FOP.
1 0 0 1 Barcode 128C
1 0 0 2 Regular
1 0 0 3 Barcode 128C
1 0 0 4 Barcode 128C
1 0 0 6 Barcode 128C
3 0 1033 1 Barcode 128C
3 0 1033 2 Regular
3 0 1033 3 Barcode 128C
3 0 1033 4 Barcode 128C
3 0 1033 6 Barcode 128C
xHeight from PCLT: 1498 1498
capHeight from PCLT: 1498 1498
3 cmap tables
Platform ID: 0 Encoding: 0
Platform ID: 1 Encoding: 0
Platform ID: 3 Encoding: 0
Unsupported TrueType font: Unicode cmap table not present. Aborting

XML font metrics file successfully created.
***********************************

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Tomas Rimšelis <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Magdikova <ko...@gmail.com>.
I have the same problem,

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.fr>.
My apologies to all for the mishap... It was obviously meant to be a
private joke
But it's definitely too late (I'd better say too early) here to work...

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Jean-François El Fouly <je...@elfouly.fr>.

Re: Generating metrics

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Please note that as of FOP 0.95, generating the font metrics files is
not necessary anymore. Only in some very special cases can this step
still help.

I guess we need to make this clearer in our documentation.

On 24.11.2008 21:14:56 Erwan de FERRIERES wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to generate font metrics in order to import them in a
> project. Generating start well, but then I've got some errors. I'm
> running debian and javai version is 1.6.0_07
>
> Here is the line I type to launch the metric generation :
> java -cp fop.jar:avalon-framework.jar:commons-logging.jar:commons-io.jar
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader FreeMono.ttf -d DEBUG
>
> Then the debug tells me :
>
> TTF Reader for Apache FOP 0.95
>
> Parsing font...
> Reading FreeMono.ttf...
> sfnt version: OpenType 1.0
> Reading 18 dir tables
> dir tables: [loca, post, FFTM, glyf, fpgm, hmtx, GPOS, hhea, prep, GSUB,
> GDEF, cvt , gasp, name, OS/2, cmap, head, maxp]
> unit per em: 1000
> Number of glyphs in font: 2709
> hhea.Ascender: 900 900
> hhea.Descender: -300 -300
> Number of horizontal metrics: 4
> org/apache/xmlgraphics/fonts/Glyphs
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.truetype.TTFFile.initAnsiWidths(TTFFile.java:444)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.truetype.TTFFile.readFont(TTFFile.java:493)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.loadTTF(TTFReader.java:209)
> 	at org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader.main(TTFReader.java:164)
> org.apache.xmlgraphics.fonts.Glyphs
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
> 	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
> 	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:276)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
> 	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)
> 	... 4 more
>
> I've been trying with other fonts, but got the same error.
> Thank you for your time and help !
>

> --
> - Erwan -

Jeremias Maerki