Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bernhard <be...@aon.at> on 2005/02/22 00:07:46 UTC

getting started

hi all!

has somebody a detailed installation instruction for jetspeed 2?

i use  windows xp
         -tomcat 5.0.28
         -maven 1.0.2
         -java 1.4.2_03

i tried to follow the getting started instruction on the apache homepage but
it doesn't work...
after following all steps, and trying to start jetspeed (in a browser), i get a message: http error ?404? - servlet not available!
does someone know what to do?

i installed the components the following way:
firstly - java,
then - tomcat,
at last - maven

then i created the build.properties file and placed it under C:\Document and Settings\User

first question:
when i enter the "maven start.test.server" command - i get a message: 'server.properties not found, using command line or default properties'
but the hsqldb server is running...
is this normal behavior?

- maven allClean allBuild seems to work fine;

when i stop the test.server and enter "maven.start.production.server" into the
command prompt, i get the same 'server.properties not found,...' message...
but also production.server is running;

maven quickstart maybe doesn't what it should, it creates the jetspeed folder directly under the root directory - is there something wrong with my build properties?

ok, i copy the jetspeed folder (also tried it with the .war file) under the webapps directory; start up tomcat and enter the adress http://localhost:8080/jetspeed into my browser... - but the portal doesn't start - i only get the above described HTTP ERROR - servlet not available...

thank you all for your help,
greetings, bernd

Re: getting started

Posted by Bernhard Bauer <ba...@aon.at>.
hi amit!
i now use the build.properties file which comes with the .zip file! now it
works... :-)
it was the missing DB configuration section...

thank you very much,
Bernhard

Re: getting started

Re: getting started