Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rostom A <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2013/03/01 10:43:49 UTC

Rampart PasswordCallBackHandler

Is there a way to skip Rampart's PasswordCallBackHandler mechanism and pass in the password (private key) via a properties entry when building the RampartConfig or CryptoConfig objects?

I was hoping I could do it with the "org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.private.password" entry on the CryptoConfig.  But even if I set the password with this key I still get a runtime exception that no Password CallbackHandler is specified.

If I understand correctly, the reason for the PasswordCallBackHandler is to retrieve the password from an external source (e.g. DB).  However, in my case, I already have the password on hand and it is not stored anywhere (user types it into an input form and it is passed to my application).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--rostom