Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 20:10:50 UTC

decorator multirow tabs

Hi,
	in some cases there may be to many navigation tabs (or their text is
too long) so that their width exceeds portals (browsers) width. I've
encountered this problem and I overcame it with extendig Velocity macros
with some JavaScript code. Of course, multirow tabs could be easily
achieved with application of HTML DIVs or aligned TABLEs, but using
JavaScript ensures that an active row (with a selected tab) is always
displayed at the bottom, just above the breadcrumbs. The code works with
IE, Mozilla and Opera.

Wouldn't it be useful in default layout decorators like tigris?

The results can be seen at
http://www.nauka-biznes.org.pl/jetspeed/portal/bliscypartnerzy.

--
pozdrawiam,