Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Micky1 <hi...@hotmail.com> on 2010/07/22 01:37:38 UTC

Customizing XML markup

Hi all,

I'm writing a client which communicates via XML-RPC to an embedded hardware
server that supports it.  My client.execute requests are failing because
AXML-RPC wraps each parameter in type tags, whereas it appears that the
server is expecting bare values.

Just to make sure I'm clear, I'm currently sending requests including
something like this (asterisks are to prevent the forum from interpreting
the tags):

<*param>
<value>
<string>
foo
</string>
</value>
</*param>

Whereas the server is expecting:

<*param>
<value>
foo
</value>
</*param>

I suspect that I should be accessing the StringSerializer.STRING_TAG field
and changing it to an empty string or perhaps null, but I'd appreciate some
input.  Custom ContentHandler?  Point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Mick

Re: Customizing XML markup

Posted by Micky1 <hi...@hotmail.com>.
You were right to be puzzled; I was incorrect, and I'm sorry if I wasted your
time.  It was a value type tag that was messing things up, but it wasn't a
string value, because those are indeed omitted.  It was another type (<i4>,
specifically), and now I know that I can eliminate a value's tags simply by
passing it as a string.

Thanks for prompting me to check this again, and clarify things by speaking
out loud.

Micky

Re: Customizing XML markup

Posted by Micky1 <hi...@hotmail.com>.