Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by bilinmek istemiyor <be...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/31 10:26:15 UTC

Help!: log4cxx\helpers\tchar.h(59) error snprintf identifier not found visual studio 2003

Hello, I have compiled the 0.9.7 version under visual studio 2003 by using
the supplied visual studio project file under msvc. There was misleading
instructions in the INSTALL file which was not valid. I just open the
project file and build the project file without making any changes.
Unfortunately while compiling my application I receive the error that I
report in the subject line. There is conditional compilation in tchar file
which depends on WIN32 macro. The compiler somehow does not select the right
branch. I see that WIN32 defined in project preprocessor settings.

Any insight much appreciated.

Re: Help!: log4cxx\helpers\tchar.h(59) error snprintf identifier not found visual studio 2003

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Mar 31, 2008, at 3:26 AM, bilinmek istemiyor wrote:

> Hello, I have compiled the 0.9.7 version under visual studio 2003 by
> using the supplied visual studio project file under msvc. There was
> misleading instructions in the INSTALL file which was not valid. I
> just open the project file and build the project file without making
> any changes. Unfortunately while compiling my application I receive
> the error that I report in the subject line. There is conditional
> compilation in tchar file which depends on WIN32 macro. The compiler
> somehow does not select the right branch. I see that WIN32 defined
> in project preprocessor settings.
>
> Any insight much appreciated.

Using log4cxx 0.9.7 has long been strongly discouraged for new users.
We can provide no support for that version and strongly encourage new
users to use the SVN HEAD.  We are hopefully only days away from a
0.10.0 release.  We would appreciate your using the current 0.10.0
release candidate and providing any feedback.