Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ali Kaplan <al...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2003/01/06 20:43:03 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.18 has problem castor??

Hi,
I am working on a project which uses Tomcat as servlet container and castor
(ver 0.9.39) which is embedded in Jbuilder 7/8. My problem is that
Unmarshaller.unmarshal(class, reader) has problem with Tomcat 4.1.18.
Unmarshal method does not return proper java object, however, it does not
throw any exception either.
The same application is working with previous versions of Tomcat 4.1.12,
etc..
Does Tomcat use any xml document parser library which may cause to conflict
with castor?
Does anyone have this problem before?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

--ak

RE: Tomcat 4.1.18 has problem castor??

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu>.
I remember reading that one of the distributions of Castor had the same
issue you are describing with parsing.  My recommendation is to upgrade
to Castor 4.1 and see if that fixes your issue, it did for me.

Jacob