Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Guillaume Lahitette <GL...@abingdon.oilfield.slb.com> on 2005/03/21 16:35:52 UTC

JMeter appears to be stuck

Hello folks,

I am testing a Tomcat webapp. In several instances, JMeter appears to be
stuck on one request and can not process with the next. I have enabled to
the DEBUG level but am not getting any more details in jmeter.log

In one scenario, I can see in the Tomcat access logs a failure that is
causing a servlet to return a response with status code = 200 but an empty
length.

Has any one seen such behavior?
Do I have a better solution than to put a time assertion of XYZ minutes on
each requests?
How can I tackle this issue?

This is JMeter 2.0.2 on Win 2K.

TIA for your precious help.
Guillaume

RE: JMeter appears to be stuck

Posted by Guillaume Lahitette <GL...@abingdon.oilfield.slb.com>.
sebb,

I'm seeing 3 connections to that host that don't terminate, even after I
shut down JMeter. Not sure what else to conclude from this netstat...

glahitette@ABG-GLAHITETTE /cygdrive/D/espWatcherCVS
$ netstat -a|grep 28580
  TCP    ABG-GLAHITETTE:3117    slb-176-015.xxxx.com:28580  CLOSE_WAIT
  TCP    ABG-GLAHITETTE:3118    slb-176-015.xxxx.com:28580  CLOSE_WAIT
  TCP    ABG-GLAHITETTE:3119    slb-176-015.xxxx.com:28580  CLOSE_WAIT

Is there a time out setting that applies to all HTTP queries, regardless of
any Time Assertions?

Guillaume

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Lahitette <GL...@abingdon.oilfield.slb.com>.
Mike,

The response information I mentioned is read from the Tomcat access logs. It
is the response that JMeter never sees / is stuck with.

Guillaume

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.

Posted by Guillaume Lahitette <GL...@abingdon.oilfield.slb.com>.
Shane,