Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk> on 2009/03/12 19:39:22 UTC

building a wicket app with maven 1

Hi all,

I have a need to backport my wicket app that builds perfectly in
Maven2 to Maven1. I think I've adjusted all the pom.xml to project.xml
correctly as all the classes and dependent jars looks like they are
where they need to be, but on startup I get this:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/slf4j/LoggerFactory

Although in my WEB-INF/lib I have (amongst the others) the required
jars:

slf4j-log4j12-1.4.2.jar
log4j-1.2.14.jar

Any idea what's missing? Does anyone else build under Maven1?

thanks,
Steve

Re: building a wicket app with maven 1

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
mvn dependency:tree is your friend

-Igor

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.
Yes I do, but the particular framework they are building this app into
requires Maven1 unfortunately. Recent iterations of it are now on M2
its just a legacy version they are running and can't upgrade due to
various factors.

cheers,
Steve

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.

Posted by Linda van der Pal <lv...@heritageagenturen.nl>.

Posted by Stephen Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.

Posted by Adriano dos Santos Fernandes <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.
Ok I'll post when I get back into the office.

I was mainly wondering if anyone knew of some major issue with Maven1
and Wicket/SLF4J - ie the versions in the Maven repositories etc. I
note that the Maven1 repo now uses the Maven2 artifacts.

I guess, in order to rule out Maven, I could just place the right jars
in the right spot manually and see if that works ;)

Steve

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.