Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net> on 2006/07/31 08:30:29 UTC

Ah, an honest spammer!

Quoting the content of a recent spam:

Elimination from database is here .<br><br>

Yep.  No link.  Not even a fake link.  I guess I can't out of their
"database" even if I want to.
At least they are honest about it.  :-(

        Loren

Re: Ah, an honest spammer!

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Loren Wilton wrote:
> Yep.  No link.  Not even a fake link.  I guess I can't out of their
> "database" even if I want to.

My favorite was one where the unsubscribe link had a space for a host
name.  The link was "http:// /optout.php?mail=(my email address)"

What made it so great was the big long message about how easy it was to
"oppt out" of their messages, and how they "aren't just saying that so
that we can put on the facade that we're legitimate advertsers, whilst
laughing away, blatantly ignoring remvve requests." (All typos are in
the original.)

It ended with "P.S. - It really works"

Yeah.  A link to a blank hostname.  *That's* gonna work.

More quotes at http://tinyurl.com/prv8z if anyone's interested.

--
Kelson Vibber