Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matt Raible <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2001/07/27 16:28:22 UTC

dynamic forward mapping

I have a form that is accessible from two different jsp pages.

In my form, I have an action-mapping and the following:

<action
       path="/saveHoliday"

type="us.co.douglas.application.timetracker.presentationlogic.SaveHolidayAction"
       name="holidayForm"
       scope="session"
       validate="true"
       input="/holidayManage">
         <forward
          name="success"
          path="/holidayList" />
      </action>

I'd like the <forward ... path="/holidayList"> to change dynamically based on
where the page the user came from.  Is this possible?

I was thinking I could add a forward="/fromMe" as a parameter in the request,
and then in SaveHolidayAction - I could change:

return(mapping.findForward("success"));

to:

return(mapping.findForward(request.getParameter("forward"));

Is this the best way?

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/