Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kjohnston <kj...@vmware.com> on 2007/06/22 19:45:25 UTC

Building offline

I'm having trouble getting Maven to build a project in offline mode.  Is
there a step-by-step procedure document for this?

Here's what I'd like to do:
- Set up a local file based repository with all the artifacts needed to
build
- Run Maven in offline mode, configured to use just a single, local
repository

Thanks

Re: Building offline

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I am having troubles with
mvn ... -o
(with maven 2.0.7)

says not able to download (but, really, the file is in my local repo)
The dependency is a -SNAPSHOT (for what's worth)

Luckily, when traveling by train, I had maven 2.0.4 on my box as well.
A change to use 2.0.4 works fine.

So, is this an already know bug in 2.0.7 ?

-Matthias

On 6/22/07, Manuel J. Recena Soto <re...@eii.us.es> wrote:
> hi kjohnston:
>
> On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:45:25 -0700 (PDT), kjohnston wrote
> > I'm having trouble getting Maven to build a project in offline mode.
> >  Is there a step-by-step procedure document for this?
> >
> > Here's what I'd like to do:
> > - Set up a local file based repository with all the artifacts needed
> > to build - Run Maven in offline mode, configured to use just a
> > single, local repository
> >

> Are you try this?
>
> *first option:
>
> mvn --help
> usage: mvn [options] [<goal(s)>] [<phase(s)>]
>  -o,--offline                  Work offline
>
> * second option:
>
> Config your setting.xml at $HOME/.m2/ or $MAVEN_DIR/bin/conf
> <offline>true</offline>
>
> regards,
>
> > Thanks
> > --

> Manuel J. Recena Soto
> * www.manuelrecena.com[/blog]
> * recena@eii.us.es
> * +34 609710280 (ES)

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: Building offline

Posted by "Manuel J. Recena Soto" <re...@eii.us.es>.
hi kjohnston:

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:45:25 -0700 (PDT), kjohnston wrote
> I'm having trouble getting Maven to build a project in offline mode.
>  Is there a step-by-step procedure document for this?
>
> Here's what I'd like to do:
> - Set up a local file based repository with all the artifacts needed
> to build - Run Maven in offline mode, configured to use just a
> single, local repository

Are you try this?

*first option:

mvn --help
usage: mvn [options] [<goal(s)>] [<phase(s)>]
 -o,--offline                  Work offline

* second option:

Config your setting.xml at $HOME/.m2/ or $MAVEN_DIR/bin/conf
<offline>true</offline>

regards,

> Thanks

Manuel J. Recena Soto
* www.manuelrecena.com[/blog]
* recena@eii.us.es
* +34 609710280 (ES)

RE: Building offline

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Go-offline won't try to build anything. It's going to attempt to
download everything needed from the repositories. If your stuff isn't
installed or deployed, then it will choke on it.

That looks like what I want.  However, when I run that goal - it fails
because it does not find my inter-module dependencies, which have not
been
built yet.  Any suggestions?

Re: Building offline

Posted by kjohnston <kj...@vmware.com>.