Posted to user@avro.apache.org by irodens <ir...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/19 02:46:10 UTC

Using snappy codec with Avro C++

I am trying to read an avro file compessed with snappy using Avro C++, but
Avro C++ does not come with snappy out of the box, and I am unsure how to
add it.

Can anyone offer any practical advice to get it working?

Thanks.

Re: Using snappy codec with Avro C++

Posted by irodens <ir...@gmail.com>.
No, I finally gave up on this. The issue is that the Avro C++ port is
incomplete and it is unusable for all but the simplest use cases.

Ira Rodens