Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2000/12/22 18:53:51 UTC

1.3.15...

I'd like to propose a code freeze on 1.3.15-dev. Right now, we
need to look at the byte range issue (there's a patch on the
table) but, I'm sure, that people are busy right now, so I
don't foresee us tagging and rolling until the 26th or so.
I want to avoid bits and pieces being added in for now on.
There's that issue that Sascha mentioned about semaphore
locking being hosed that we need to address.

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Jie Gao wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Dec 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>
> > Are you quite certain it did so before?  On which platform is apache
> > running?  Which platform exposed the NFS?  Does the behavior return
> > if you go back to 1.3.12, or might you have updated the NFS?

  Sorry, I missed a couple of questions and there's a correction:

  - Which platform exposed the NFS?

    Apache is on: SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
    Files NFS-mounted from: SunOS 5.7 Generic_106541-12 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-80

  - or might you have updated the NFS?

    No, not recently; not since Apache is installed.
    And I don't quite understand the impact of upgrading of NFS in relation to
    this. Can you elaborate?

    Thanks,

    Jie

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Jie Gao wrote:
>
> >  - Yes, I have this in my config (Yes, I know this is stupid, but I
> >  inherited this and cannot change it, and this may be the cause of
> >  the problem?):
> >
> >      AddHandler server-parsed .shtml htm html
>
> yes, that is the cause of the problem.

  OK. End of story then. :-)

> >  - No, no "Last-Modified:" header was sent out either.
>
> You can fix that part with the XBitHack option.

  That's a hard decision to make: Solaris's priority_paging mechanism
  does not cache those files that have the exec bits set. So it's a
  matter of who I should shift the load to... :-) i/o is expensive to
  me at the moment.

  Thanks to all who tried to help and Best regards to you all!

  Jie

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by Ask Bjoern Hansen <as...@valueclick.com>.
On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Jie Gao wrote:

>  - Yes, I have this in my config (Yes, I know this is stupid, but I
>  inherited this and cannot change it, and this may be the cause of
>  the problem?):
>
>      AddHandler server-parsed .shtml htm html

yes, that is the cause of the problem.

>  - No, no "Last-Modified:" header was sent out either.

You can fix that part with the XBitHack option.

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen - <http://ask.netcetera.dk/>
more than 70M impressions per day, <http://valueclick.com>

RE: 1.3.15...

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Please test a prior version, since we need to know if this is specific
> to a version of apache or specific to a version of your nfs client.

 I have justed tested 1.3.9, and got the same results. Looks like it's
 Solaris's problem?

 Regards,

 Jie

RE: 1.3.15...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>.

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.

Re: ActivePerl Build 630 and Apache 1.1.13

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@lnd.com>.
Not here, this list is for development...

Please inquire on news:comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows

Posted by jupu <ju...@sofico.be>.

Re: 1.3.15...

Re: 1.3.15...

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
I noted on the list an issue that would allow Win32 to be configured
with an arg list which can be reconfigured with the -k config option,
but I've been mobile and lost W2K for a couple days (the 98 backup
partition didn't have all the email set up... plus the matter of getting
out and shopping :-)

If that patch can go in, tested, by 4pm CST Tuesday, I presume there
is no objection?  I've responded to Greg and Ryan's comments, and saw
no other objections.

I am following up with Andrew over a Win98/95 issue (95 works for one
set of code, 98 for the other).  A little debugging and we should be
good to go (this affects only the experimental 9x run-as-service.)

I appreciate your dedication to moving this out the door, and am in the
full-caution mode (that's why I'd sent the byterange patch to the list,
I'd like a 100% review from yourself and Tony.)

Bill