Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by WXR <14...@qq.com> on 2013/07/24 14:08:50 UTC

Why does cloudstack create a vm instance through compute offering?

Cloudstack is an Iaas platform,I think it should offer elastic compute resources.
Creating a limited number of compute offerings previously and apply them to new vms is not a good idea.

Re: Why does cloudstack create a vm instance through compute offering?

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
This is already an option. Lets say you have two compute offerings: Small
(1 vcpu and 1gb ram) and Medium (2 vcpu and 2gb ram). You can simply change
an instance from one to the other by powering off the instance and clicking
on the 'change service offering' icon.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 8:08 AM, WXR <14...@qq.com> wrote:

> Cloudstack is an Iaas platform,I think it should offer elastic compute
> resources.
> Creating a limited number of compute offerings previously and apply them
> to new vms is not a good idea.

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475
http://about.met/kirkjantzer

Re: Why does cloudstack create a vm instance through compute offering?

Posted by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com>.
Feel free to make a feature request and/or bug report with any suggests or
ideas you have.
It's a team effort friend - http://cloudstack.apache.org/contribute.html

Best regards,
David Comerford