Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jay Glanville <di...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2000/12/11 13:27:53 UTC

RE: does and already have platform specific code? (RE: Why can't just simply delete the directory?)

No, not a major performance tweak.  It's just that <delete
dir="${build.loc}"> can take over a minute with 2500 class files to delete,
while it takes only 4 seconds doing a "rmdir /s /q ${build.loc}" on NT.
It's certainly not enough to warrant the headaches of introducing platform
code.  The reason I was asking was if there existed platform code already,
then adding a platform rmdir would be relatively minor.  Again, it's not
enough to warrant adding platform code.

Jay