Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2005/07/08 05:13:46 UTC

Re: Which request is used in automatic Validation when the requirements aren't met?

Thai Dang Vu wrote:
> Perhaps I stated it unclearly.
>
> I am using automatic validation, not manual validation (which uses validate method of the form bean). If the requirements aren't met, Struts will lead us to the input page (in my case the /WEB-INF/provider/addprovider.jsp) without going to the execute method of the AddProviderAction class.
>
> So my question is: is there any place I can interrupt the request before the addprovider.jsp appears and displays the errors (I use <html:errors/> in that page)?

You weren't unclear, but Jeff's response was correct. He pointed out that
your input can be an action, which can then do whatever you need, instead
of a JSP. You just need to change your action mapping so the 'input'
attribute names the mapping for your AddProviderAction rather than pointing
at a JSP directly.

L.
--
Laurie, Open Source advocate, Java geek and novice blogger:
http://www.holoweb.net/~laurie/