Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Kr <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/19 16:49:01 UTC

Again JiBX rocks ...

Hi,

The article at http://webservices.sys-con.com/read/114130.htm ranks
JiBX ahead of its competitors for its performance and XMLBeans seems
to be poor at (un)marshalling and performance then any reasons why is
it chosen for AXIS2.

Any thoughts ?

- Kr.

Re: [Axis2] Re: Again JiBX rocks ...

Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
And I'm actively working to add JiBX support to Axis2. This in no way
represents a loss of interest in JibxSoap - I'm pushing to get out the
first beta version of JibxSoap now - but does provide some nice
cross-pollination: Many of the issues I'm dealing with in JibxSoap apply
directly to data binding support for Axis2, while following the Axis2
work has made me rethink some of my assumptions and structural ideas
behind JibxSoap.

XMLBeans does provide some very nice advantages to developers,
especially those who need to work with not just the data from XML
documents but the actual document structure. XMLBeans also has excellent
schema support. JiBX is faster and uses less memory, but is much more
focused on data binding rather than on providing access to the full
document structure. JiBX 1.0 also has limited schema support, and only
provides a relatively crude form of code generation from schema at present.

  - Dennis

[Axis2] Re: Again JiBX rocks ...

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

--