Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by payalsharma <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2013/08/08 07:49:57 UTC

Category and Subcategory handling in 4.4 version

Hi All,

Our web application (e commerce ) requires primary and secondary categories
in items. Based on this requirement I have following queries :

1) How category and subcategory are handled in solr version 4.4. I have used
apache-solr-1.3.0 previously, but facets have undergone many big changes
since then so just wanted to know how this can be achieved efficiently now.

2) Does category and subcategories should be saved just in database and
should be referred as fields in documents only for navigation, we will
require categories for inventory count and as search criteria.

Let me know about this.

Thanks in advance.