Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com> on 2016/06/04 16:33:43 UTC

Direct-editing by Committers

 I was going to add the license headers to the 2 taverna-engine README
files
(taverna-prov/reADME.md and taverna-reference-types/reADME.md),
but I wasn't sure of the procedure for editing directly.

I found the link, but wasn't sure how to edit without effecting what someone
else is doing.

Do you want me to edit in the master branch or ??

Gale

Re: Direct-editing by Committers

Posted by Gale Naylor <Ga...@noventussolutions.com>.
Okay. Thank you!

Posted by Alan Williams <al...@googlemail.com>.
On 04-Jun-16 17:33, Gale Naylor wrote:
>  I was going to add the license headers to the 2 taverna-engine README
> files
> (taverna-prov/reADME.md and taverna-reference-types/reADME.md),
> but I wasn't sure of the procedure for editing directly.
>
> I found the link, but wasn't sure how to edit without effecting what someone
> else is doing.

It will just show up as a commit to the branch. If there are conflicts
then anyone who has also made edits will need to do an update and merge
first.

> Do you want me to edit in the master branch or ??

I have no problem with edits such as this. Changing code would be more
problematic.

> Gale

Alan