Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by 蒋达晟 <ds...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/07 08:27:39 UTC

IO_ERROR problem

Hi all,
  I'm currently conducting some experiments with version 2.2, and I do get
a lot of IO_ERR on the terasort benchmark on my 20-nodes cluster. The
problem is due to ShuffleHandler throw an exception when try to send map
output.
  The real Exception in the nodemanager is like:
  *2014-02-07 13:49:29,033 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.mapred.ShuffleHandler:
Shuffle error [id: 0x40d5d4a7, /10.73.24.14:15736
<http://10.73.24.14:15736/> => /10.73.24.20:13562
<http://10.73.24.20:13562/>] EXCEPTION: java.io.IOException: Resource
temporarily unavailable*
  I believe it's transferToFully in the SocketOutputStream.java throw the
exception, and I found the comment says:
        /*
       * Ideally we should wait after transferTo returns 0. But because of
a bug
       * in JRE on Linux (http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=5103988),
which
       * throws an exception instead of returning 0, we wait for the
channel to
       * be writable before writing to it. If you ever see IOException with
       * message "Resource temporarily unavailable" thrown here, please let
us
       * know.
       *
       * Once we move to JAVA SE 7, wait should be moved to correct place.
       */
  My cluster environment is a specialized version RedHat 4 and java
1.6.0_07, and change to jdk7 is not an option for the environment now.
  I'm not sure which mail list I should go, but I would be very grateful if
someone could help.

Thank you!

--

*Dasheng Jiang*

*Peking University, Beijing*

*Email: dsjiang753@gmail.com <ds...@gmail.com>    *

*Phone: 18810775811*

Re: IO_ERROR problem

Posted by 蒋达晟 <ds...@gmail.com>.
It seems that might be another bug jdk1.6.0_07 cause the problem, I change
to the 1.6.0_45 and the IO_ERROR disappears.

Thanks~