Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Désilets, Alain <Al...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> on 2018/05/22 15:20:40 UTC

maven-license plugin's license-list

This may sound a bit nit-picky, but I need to be 100% about this...

I am using the maven-license plugin to figure out under which Open Source license (if any) under which I have to license my code.

I am running the 'license-list' goal, and it produces a report that looks like this:

=====

[INFO] Available licenses :

 * agpl_v3     : GNU Affero General Public License (AGPL) version 3.0

 * apache_v2   : Apache License version 2.0

 * bsd_2       : BSD 2-Clause License

 * bsd_3       : BSD 3-Clause License

 * cddl_v1     : COMMON DEVELOPMENT AND DISTRIBUTION LICENSE (CDDL) Version 1.0

etc..

=====

I am ASSUMING that this is a list of all the alternative licenses that I could use to distribute my code under. In other words, this is the INTERSECTION (as opposed to the UNION) of the licenses that are compatible with each of the individual third party modules, correct? Can someone please confirm?

Thanks again for bearing with me. The word "available licenses" is just a bit too ambiguous for my taste and I couldn't find anywhere a more precise explanation of what is meant by that.

Re: maven-license plugin's license-list

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
The plugin ships with a bunch of licenses it can use to control the
license information in your source files. You can always add more
licenses (two files) and have the plugin keep your license up to date
with the ones you specify.

Posted by Désilets, Alain <Al...@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>.

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.
No, AFAICT, it's the list of all licences known to the plugin, irrespective
of "applicability" and/or your dependencies.