Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Merina Matthew <me...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/07 01:27:46 UTC

PROBLEMS WITH THE OPEN OFFICE VERSION 4.10

Ever since I've downloaded version 4.10, I can no longer open spreadsheets
or letters! Something doesn't want to work on my computer (acer). I use
Windows 7.

--
Merina Matthew
7116 Fleming St

www.MomToMillions.com
www.createmethemoney.com
ACCESS CODE: dragonmaid

website: www.MomToMillions.com

Re: PROBLEMS WITH THE OPEN OFFICE VERSION 4.10

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 05:27:44 -0000, Merina Matthew <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The files simply do NOT open!!!!

that's not enough to diagnose the problem. how do you try to open them: by double-clicking or through the openoffice's 'open' dialogue? what extensions do those files have: 'doc', 'odt' or something else? do they have openoffice-style icons? and once more: what does your computer say to you when you attempt at opening a file? i have never heard of a computer simply not responding to double-clicking on a file, except when the system has hung.

Fwd: Re: PROBLEMS WITH THE OPEN OFFICE VERSION 4.10

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
merina's problem has been solved; see the forwarded message.

Someone else also responded to my e-mail. I had to completely close down my
computer and start fresh. My open office is finally working again.
Thank you for trying to help me!

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Fri, 06 Jun 2014 23:27:46 -0000, Merina Matthew <me...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ever since I've downloaded version 4.10, I can no longer open spreadsheets
> or letters! Something doesn't want to work on my computer (acer). I use
> Windows 7.

please be more specific. do you receive any specific error message?