Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by sjmcallister <na...@creative-digital-limited.co.uk> on 2010/02/23 12:49:21 UTC

Bold font with monospaced ttf

Hello,

I am struggling to embolden text using the True Type user font 'mono
spaced'. I am generating PDFs using FOP 0.95 via java code rather than the
command line.

My fo:block looks like this:

  <fo:block font-weight="bold" font-size="10pt" font-family="MonoSpaced">
  test
  </fo:block>

The user font is applied correctly but has a normal font weight rather than
bold.

The font-triplet element in my user config looks like this:

When I use the same font in MSWord it correctly handles bold - I think I am
right in thinking that this means the bold glyphs are contained in the TTF
file?

If I use a standard font (like Helivetica) bold generates correctly.

Does anyone have any suggesions as to why I can't generate bold text for
this user font?

many thanks

Stephen

Re: Bold font with monospaced ttf

Posted by sjmcallister <na...@creative-digital-limited.co.uk>.
That's right I am generating customer documents in PDF format which were
previously Word/RTF generated hence they used the same font for bold and
normal.

I'll see if I can get the bold version of the font.

many thanks

Stephen

Posted by Pascal Sancho <pa...@takoma.fr>.
Hi,