Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by hong mao <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/18 09:07:54 UTC

all tests passed but still got ‘Some checks were not successful’

Hi all,
I submitted a PR and all testcases passed in Jenkins, but I still got a
'Some checks were not successful' tip. Could anybody give some advices?
Here's the PR link https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/7153
[image: image.png]

Thanks!

Re: all tests passed but still got ‘Some checks were not successful’

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
I think we've been having some test runs hit the 4-hour time limit recently.  I saw a few of those as well.

This is just a guess, but I bet that there is a test that is hanging, and has no time limit configured.

We should probably have time limits on every test.  The person writing the test should know what the most appropriate time limit is (30 seconds, 5 minutes, whatever) and should put in a timeout with code like this:

>    @Rule
>    final public Timeout globalTimeout = Timeout.millis(120000);

That will avoid wasting a lot of Jenkins (and developer!) time.

best,
Colin

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.