Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/08/02 15:57:07 UTC

Re: Chinese Translation (Re: Cell value encoding)

> P.S. Andrew, Chinese/Korean/Japanese are different from
> western languages. you can not build the chinese/japanese
> sites from xdocs in your environment, i guess. I need more
> wisdom from all over the world!

The first I'm aware of ;-).  I actually think it would be best to write them
in xdoc and solve the build problem with the forrest/fop folks.  Otherwise
we end up not fixing the problem and furthermore we end up possibly having
to reformat an HTML document that we can't read into XML.  If it is in XML,
worst case I transform it to HTML with a simple stylesheet.  The other
direction doesn't work so well ;-)

-Andy

Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi