Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 00:28:48 UTC

Generating Job Ids for GFac Providers

Hi Devs,

Some GFac Providers do not have a job id returned when a job is submitted
(eg: EC2Provider). If we are to persist the job data for these providers we
need to have a job id unique for the job table. Any suggestions on a good
generation algorithm which wouldn't look so ugly as a UUID?

Saminda

Re: Generating Job Ids for GFac Providers

Posted by Lahiru Gunathilake <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
System Analyst Programmer
PTI Lab

Re: Generating Job Ids for GFac Providers

Posted by Saminda Wijeratne <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Danushka Menikkumbura <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.