Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Benjamin Jugl <be...@ecomify.de> on 2021/02/01 07:59:53 UTC

Re: Blacklist and whitelist replacements

Hi,

I would advise to review. Sure the word "master" has many meanings, but
we are not talking meaning, we are talking connotation here. And it is
not our place to say if we find it offensive, because we are not in any
position to do so.

As many US companies do this shift, I think we should also do so. They
should know best, because they are closer to the issue and have more
insight into connotation and the rest of the debate, than us.

After all it should only take a mindfully overlooked search-replace
routine, to complete this task. And it would be a shame, if we scared of
users, just because we were to reluctant to do so.

Benjamin Jugl

ecomify GmbH - www.ecomify.de <http://www.ecomify.de>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi,

With OFBIZ-12167 I have done the easy cases.

I had a look at master and, even if it's not related to slave in contexts, I think that main could be used instead in most places. This said I'm not
opinionated on that. Mostly because it's a lot of boring work I must confess ;)

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Michael, Benjamin,

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.