Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ro...@xemaps.com on 2005/03/17 23:52:17 UTC

new added documents not showing

Hi guys,

We were noticing some odd behavior recently with our indexes.

We have a process that adds new documents into our indexes.  When we iterate through all the documents through an IndexReader, we're not seeing the new documents and we're not seeing the new documents when we run a search.

However, after optimizing, suddenly those new documents appear.  Its almost as if the new segments are not being read by the IndexReader.

Any thoughts?

We're running on Windows NT, jdk 1.4.2 and lucene 1.4.

Roy.