Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/30 15:43:39 UTC

pre-2.0.0-M1 tasks

Hi guys,

as it was discussed last week, we think it's now time to cut a release
for ADS. The fact is that it will just be an intermediate release, not
one we can tell our users to depend on, but for us, it's important to
have a working base.

I have started to reshuffle the issues, and created 2 more versions :
2.0.0-M1 : for configuration in DIT
2.0.0-M2 : for replication
2.0.0-M3 : for administrative model

IMO, it's important to assin one major feature to each milestone, but
that does not mean we will not fix other issues nor we won't add some
new features, it's just convenient.

Currently, we have started a bug parade, and try to fix as many as we
can, but I think we should start to cut the release this week.

Any thoughts about this plan ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: pre-2.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On 6/1/11 8:53 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>
>> This sounds good to me too but I don't want to be locked into it. If
>> additional things are added or it shifts in direction I'm fine with that.
>> just don't want to commit to a specific agenda right now before the
>> technical challenges are fully clear to me.
>>

> There is no way we will get stuck into this agenda. This is just a
> proposal, to give some perspective.
>
> As usual, we are very able to change things and move around priorities.
> Thanks god !
>
> But having a roadmap helps us to focus on what is important.

OK I figured just wanted to make sure we explicitly are not locking into
anything.

Thanks for the feedback.

Alex

Re: pre-2.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: pre-2.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
This sounds good to me too but I don't want to be locked into it. If
additional things are added or it shifts in direction I'm fine with that. I
just don't want to commit to a specific agenda right now before the
technical challenges are fully clear to me.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: pre-2.0.0-M1 tasks

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.