Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by sh...@e-z.net on 2013/02/08 02:11:29 UTC

Xerces_C - Microsoft Upgrade

FYI.

As I work on getting Xalan-C ready for Microsoft Studio 2012,

I plan to provide the necessary files to build Xerces-C for
Microsoft Studio 2012.  I hope to use the trunk codebase.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Xalan Project

RE: Xerces_C - Microsoft Upgrade

Posted by "Huantes, Dan F (TASC)" <Da...@tasc.com>.
Understand......and since I'm not volunteering beyond what I have contributed, I'm not complaining....:-D....

But just for clarification In a nutshell, CMake unifies Windows and Non-Windows builds under one unified build configuration system avoiding the need to maintain two - N different build configurations. (e.g. Makefiles for Linux and *.sln and *.vcproj files for Windows).  The CMakeLists.txt file(s) is the only thing maintained in your repository the Makefiles and *.sln/*.vcproj files are generated by CMake by end users .

Maybe on the next generation or other projects.  Thanks again for your efforts.

Best Regards,

Dan

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
All of the development effort for supporting XML Schema 1.1 has been in
Xerces-J.

I'm not aware of any plans for Xerces-C++. There was a brief discussion
about it in 2010, but nothing came of that and seems no one has discussed
it since then.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Posted by Ben/RS <be...@redsnapper.net>.
Is xerces planning on supporting Schema 1.1 ?
Is there information/discussion about this?

Thanks
  Ben.

Re: Xerces_C - Microsoft Upgrade

Posted by sh...@e-z.net.
Boris,

Good to see someone else looking at Xerces-C.

I am getting ready to launch the Microsoft Studio 2012 platform to support
Xerces-C.  I currently support VC6, VC7.1, VC8, VC9, VC10 and hopefully
VC11.

Xerces-C is a required library for the Xalan-C library which I help maintain.

I will post a JIRA issue when I have something to review.

Sincerely,
Steven J. Hathaway
Apache Xalan (XSLT) Project

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.